JBL headphones are one of the market’s well-balanced and affordable headphone brands. They provide good sound quality, bass, and a noise-canceling feature for noise-canceling-enabled models. But you might wonder how to connect JBL headphones to your other devices.
Pairing JBL headphones can be hard for some, but it’s a straightforward process. This guide will show you how to connect JBL headphones and earbuds to your computer, phone, laptop, and other devices. Read this guide to know more.
Note: If you have the confusingly similar Jlab earbuds, we have a different article which explains how to connect Jlab earbuds.
Table of Contents
Steps for Pairing JBL Headphones on Various Devices
As mentioned earlier, pairing your JBL headphones with another device is simple. But first, ensure that your headphones are fully charged and near the device as possible to avoid connection issues.
The pairing process might vary depending on your device. Refer to the steps below to pair your JBL headphones to your desired device type:
On Android and iOS Devices
- Enable the Bluetooth feature on your Android or iOS device. Here are the steps to enable it on either device:
- Go to Settings > Bluetooth and set it to On.
This is a similar to How To Pair Tozo Earbuds to an Android phone or other device.
- Navigate to Settings > Bluetooth and set it to On.
- Press the Power button at the back of the right ear cover to switch on your JBL headphones.
Note: If this is your first time turning it on, your headphones will be automatically set to pairing mode. You’ll also see a flashing blue light on the back of the right ear cover.
- If your headphones don’t automatically enter pairing mode, you can set it manually by pressing the Bluetooth button on the bottom of the right ear cover.
- Go back to the Bluetooth setting on your smartphone or tablet and view the list of nearby Bluetooth devices. Find the device name of your JBL wireless headphones and tap on it.
- Once connected, the blinking blue light will transition to solid blue, which means your JBL headphones are now connected to your smartphone.
On Smart TVs
- Turn on Bluetooth on your smart TV. Usually, it can be found on your TV’s Settings app. You can also buy a compatible Bluetooth adapter if your TV doesn’t support Bluetooth.
- Press the Power button on the right ear cover of your JBL headphones to turn it on. It will automatically enter pairing mode.
- On your smart TV, select Search for nearby Bluetooth devices or a similar option and find the device name of your JBL wireless headphones.
- Select it and wait for both devices to be successfully paired.
On a Windows Laptop or Computer
- With your JBL wireless headphones turned on, set it to pairing mode by pressing and holding the Bluetooth button below the right ear cover for five seconds. It will now begin flashing blue light.
- On your Windows laptop or computer, select Start and go to Settings > Devices.
- Choose Bluetooth & other devices and set Bluetooth to On.
- Find your JBL headphones on the list of Bluetooth devices and select their device name.
- Wait for the pairing process to complete.
On a Mac Device
- Set your JBL wireless headphones in pairing mode.
- Go to System Preferences on your Mac device and select Bluetooth.
- Set it to On. Then, find and select the device name of your JBL headphones in the list of Bluetooth devices.
- Wait for your JBL headphones to pair to your Mac device.
Hopefully, your headphones are hooked up & you are ready to go. If you have speakers, we have a separate article which explains How To Connect Two JBL Speakers.
Among the best and most popular headphone brands today are JBL wireless headphones. They have excellent sound quality, easy to use, and are affordable at their price. However, you might have trouble connecting them to one of your desired devices.
Hopefully, this guide helps you how to connect your JBL wireless headphones to any device.