TCL Roku TVs are one of the best and most versatile streaming devices you can use as a part of your home entertainment system. However, using another device or accessory that you can pair up with your Roku TV can make it even better. Users have also wondered, “Do Roku TVs have Bluetooth?”.
Bluetooth is one of the most popular ways to connect or pair two or more accessories to one device. In this guide, we’ll show you does Roku have Bluetooth and how to connect your Roku Bluetooth speakers to your Roku TV.
Read this guide to know more.
Table of Contents
Does Roku Have Bluetooth?
Yes. Roku TVs are compatible with other Roku devices, like the Roku wireless speakers and soundbar. However, it’s not compatible with third-party Bluetooth devices. Instead of pairing them directly to your TV, you’ll need to pair them to your phone and connect it to your Roku TV via the Roku mobile app.
Connecting Your Roku TV to Non-Roku Bluetooth Speakers and Headphones
As mentioned earlier, Roku Bluetooth is only possible once you have a Roku wireless speaker or soundbar. However, if you’re pairing a third-party Bluetooth speaker or headphones, you’ll need to pair it to your Roku TV via the Roku app.
Important: You can only do this workaround using a smartphone or mobile device since tablets are not effective with this method. Also, ensure that your Roku TV runs Roku OS 8.1 or higher.
If you are using soundcore earbuds, we have a dedicated article on how to pair soundcore earbuds to various devices.
Follow the steps below to connect your non-Roku Bluetooth speakers and headphones to your Roku TV:
- Download the Roku app on your smartphone. It’s free on the Google Play Store and the App Store.
- Next, launch the app. It will now begin to search for nearby Roku devices. Select your Roku TV from the list of devices.
- Turn on your Bluetooth headphone or speaker and pair it with your smartphone via Bluetooth.
- Switch on your Roku TV and ensure that it’s connected to the same wireless network as your smartphone.
- Next, go back to the Roku app and tap the Private Listening (headphones icon) button on the virtual remote.
Once private listening is activated, audio from your Roku TV will now play on the connected Bluetooth headphones or speaker. Also, you can use up to four different Bluetooth devices to listen to your Roku TV—keep your phone on the same Wi-Fi network as your Roku TV.
If you have an onn TV (a cheap walmart smart TV that comes with Roku installed) we have an article on how to fix onn TV sound issues.
Connecting Your Roku TV to Roku Wireless Speakers and Soundbar
Connecting a Roku-supported device is more straightforward than connecting a third-party device. But, you must first link your Roku smart TV, other Roku devices, and smartphone to the same wireless network. Then, proceed to these steps:
- Switch on your smartphone and enable Bluetooth.
- Next, turn on your Roku device and connect it to your phone.
- Turn on your Roku TV and press the Home button on the Roku remote.
- Go to Settings > Remotes and Devices and choose Pair Bluetooth Device.
- Your Roku device is now connected to your Roku smart TV via the Roku app on your phone.
As long as the Roku wireless soundbar or speaker is paired to your phone, it will remain connected to your Roku TV. Also, all audio from your Roku TV will now go through the Roku speakers and soundbar. To unpair your Roku devices from your Roku TV, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Bluetooth Devices on your Roku TV and select Disconnect.
We also have a guide on how to connect your Roku to multiple TVs.
Connecting Bluetooth devices on your Roku smart TV can sometimes be intimidating, especially when it’s not a Roku device. However, you can use the Roku app on your smartphone to connect a third-party Bluetooth speaker or headphones to your Roku TV. Hopefully, this guide will help you to connect your Roku TV to another Bluetooth device.