Hisense TVs are one of the most popular smart TV brands globally. As a budget smart TV, it provides excellent picture quality and supports various streaming devices. It’s also home to many Hisense smart TV apps, which you can download from the TV’s App Store.
However, some users are curious about how to download apps on Hisense smart TV. Installing your desired Hisense TV app is one way to make the most out of your Hisense TV. This guide will show you how to add apps to Hisense smart TV and other Hisense TV variants.
If you have a different brand, we also have an article on how to download apps for your Sharp Smart TV.
Read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
How to Download Apps on Hisense TV
Make sure your TV is connected to the internet via wifi. If you are unsure how to do this please read our guide on guide on connecting a Hisense TV to wifi.
Besides the brand’s original TVs, downloading apps on Hisense TVs with other platforms—like Hisense Roku TVs and Android TVs—will have a different download procedure since they use different app stores. Follow the steps below to download your desired app on your Hisense TV.
On Hisense Roku TVs
- Switch on your Hisense Roku TV and press the Home button on the remote.
- On the home screen, choose Streaming Channels > Search Channels.
- Type in the name of your desired app.
- Choose the app’s icon from the search results and select Add Channel to add it to your Hisense Roku TV.
On Hisense Android TVs
- Turn on your Hisense Android TV and select the Home button on the remote.
- Navigate to Apps > Google Play Store and select the Search icon.
- Input the name of your desired smart TV app.
- Select its app icon and choose Install to download and save it on your Hisense Android TV.
If the app download gets stuck at the “pending” stage, please read our guide on what to do when the Play Store is Stuck on Pending.
On Hisense Smart TV
Via the App Store
- Turn on your Hisense TV and navigate to the Apps section.
- Launch the App Store and browse the smart TV app you wish to download.
- Choose its app icon and select Install. Wait for the installation process to finish.
- Once installed, the app will now be available on your TV dashboard.
Via the VEWD App Store
- Select the Apps button on the remote of your Hisense TV and choose the VEWD App Store to launch.
- Find your desired app by using Filters or through the Search function.
- After finding it, select its app icon and press the OK button on the remote. The app will now be downloaded and installed on your Hisense TV.
On Older Hisense TV Models
- Turn on your Hisense TV and launch the on-screen keyboard by selecting the Keyboard icon on the screen.
- Enter the name of the app that you wish to download.
- Once found, select the app icon by pressing the green button on the remote. Wait for the app to be installed on your smart TV.
- After its installed, the app will be available on your TV’s home screen.
You will most likely need to download apps to connect your TV to a home assistant or your smartphone. You will also need to enable Bluetooth for your Hisense TV.
Hisense TV Apps Not Working
If you’re having problems with Hisense TV apps, such as Hisense TV apps not working, you can try to reinstall the app, connect to a more stable wireless connection, or power cycle your smart TV. To power cycle your Hisense TV, follow these steps:
- Turn off your Hisense smart TV and unplug its power cord from the socket.
- Wait for 10 minutes to drain the power.
- Plug the power cable back in and turn on your Hisense TV.
- After connecting your TV to your Wi-Fi network, launch your downloaded app and check if it is now working.
Like other smart TV brands, you can download apps on your Hisense TV. It’s compatible with various streaming apps and devices, which you can use to stream your favorite movies and TV shows. However, you’ll need a stable Wi-Fi connection to successfully download, install, and use apps on your Hisense TV.
Hence, this guide hopefully helps you to download apps on your Hisense smart TV and other Hisense smart TV variants.