So, you’re looking to set up the AT&T TV app on your smart TV, but you’re not sure exactly what steps to follow. Or perhaps, incompatibility issues keep you from enjoying AT&T TV on your TV. Either way, this detailed guide will help you start using your AT&T TV subscription in no time.
For instance, we’ll explore what steps you can follow to download AT&T TV on a smart or Android TV and which devices are compatible. We’ll also look into the other solutions you can persuade if the television is incompatible with the application of AT&TV.
With that said, let’s dive in.
Table of Contents
- 1 Things to Do Before Download the App of AT&T TV on Android or Smart TV
- 2 How to Download AT&T TV on Samsung Smart TV
- 3 How to Download AT&T TV on Apple Smart TV
- 4 How to Set Up AT&T TV on Sony Smart TV
- 5 Installing the App for AT&T TV on your Roku Device or TV
- 6 What if My TV Isn’t Compatible With AT&T TV?
- 7 Final Words
Things to Do Before Download the App of AT&T TV on Android or Smart TV
Before downloading the AT&T app on your TV, here are a couple of things you should care for:
Ensure Your TV is Compatible With AT&T TV
First and foremost, your smart TV must be supported by the AT&T TV app, or it won’t work on your TV. But which TV operating systems does AT&T TV support? Here’s a list:
- Tizen (Samsung)
- Android TV (Google)
- Amazon Fire TV
- Airplay (Apple)
On the flip side, here are a few TV operating systems that aren’t compatible with AT&T TV:
- LG’s WebOS
- Vizio’s SmartCast OS
If your TV’s operating system supports the AT&T TV app, you’ll be able to install it on your TV easily. Otherwise, you’ll need to use an alternative way to stream AT&T TV on your smart TV (more on this below).
Make Sure You Have Fast Internet
Streaming videos using AT&T TV will require having consistent and fast-speed internet. Before downloading its app on your TV, ensure your internet speed is over 3Mbps at the very least, as suggested by AT&T. But if you’re looking to stream high-resolution videos, go for an internet speed of 10-25Mbps. If AT&T supply your internet, we have another article which may come in handy – how to change your AT&T wifi password.
Get an AT&T TV Subscription
To stream AT&T TV on your TV, you’ll need its subscription. It offers different streaming plans, named Entertainment, Choice, Ultimate, and Premier, each with different channel counts and pricing. You can get any plan that suits you to start streaming AT&T TV on your TV.
How to Download AT&T TV on Samsung Smart TV
Follow the steps below to set up AT&T TV on your Tizen smart TV:
- Turn on your Samsung TV, go to the Home Screen, and open the app store on your TV.
- Search for “AT&T TV” and choose “Add to Home”. This will install the app.
- Once the installation is complete, open the app and input your AT&T credentials.
- That’s it – you can now stream AT&T TV on your smart TV.
How to Download AT&T TV on Apple Smart TV
Follow the steps below to download the AT&T TV app on your Apple TV:
- Open the App Store on your Apple iPhone or iPad and install the app.
- Enter your credentials and sign in.
- Make sure your Smart TV uses the same network as your iPhone or iPad.
- Play anything in the AT&T TV app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Choose the AirPlay icon and then your Smart TV. That’s it – it’ll start playing content on your smart TV.
How to Set Up AT&T TV on Sony Smart TV
AT&T TV currently doesn’t support Sony smart TVs, meaning you cannot install its app on your TV natively. Anyhow, you can install the APK file of AT&T TV and TV NOW on your Sony TV to stream AT&T TV. First, install Send files to TV (aka SFTTV) on your Smart TV via the app store. Next, follow the steps below to download and install the required APK files:
- Download the latest AT&T TV APK file from a trusted resource, such as the XDA-Developers forum on your Android phone.
- Make sure you install Send files to TV (aka SFTTV) on your phone as well as your TV.
- Launch SFTTV on both devices and select “Receive” on your TV and “Send” on your phone.
- Select the downloaded APK file.
- Select the APK file from your TV as the transfer completes and install it.
- Once the installation is complete, enter your credentials, and you’ll be able to start using AT&T TV on your Sony smart TV.
If your TV is stuck on a black screen during the setup process, please read what to do if your Sony TV won’t turn on.
Installing the App for AT&T TV on your Roku Device or TV
Smart TV companies like TCL, Philips, and Hisense use Roku. Some other TVs also use Roku Express or a similar device running off the Roku operating system. Whichever TV you have, if it runs Roku, you can follow the steps below to install the app of AT&T on it:
- Go to Home Screen on your TV and select “Streaming Channels.”
- Scroll down to “Search Channels“ and type “AT&T TV.”
- Select the “OK” button and hit the “Add Channel” button to begin AT&T TV installation.
- Once the installation completes, open the “AT&T TV“ app from your TV’s home screen, and you’re good to start using it.
What if My TV Isn’t Compatible With AT&T TV?
If you cannot install the AT&T TV app, you can use the cast or screen share feature to stream AT&T TV on your TV.
Using this method, you’ll be sharing or casting your smartphone’s screen with your TV, requiring both devices to use the same network.
To enable casting, search for a pre-installed casting app on your TV and enable the screencast option from your phone. As you do that, you’ll be able to stream AT&T TV on your smart TV via your smartphone.
Setting up AT&T TV on your smart TV can seem daunting. But the process will be quicker and easier if you know exactly what steps to take to install it on your particular smart TV operating system.
This guide explored how to set up AT&T TV on different smart TV operating systems by Samsung, Airplay, Sony, and Roky. But if your TV’s operating system is unsupported by AT&T TV, you can still use the screencast feature to stream AT&T TV on your smart TV using your phone.