Vizio TVs are among the mainstream smart TVs in the market. It gives you access to various streaming services and free channels. You can also use it as a display for consoles, streaming devices, and other HDMI devices.
However, Vizio smart TV users have wondered if there’s a Vizio internet app and a web browser Vizio smart TV. In this guide, we’ll show you how to enable wireless connections and get an internet browser on your Vizio TV.
Read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
- 1 Is There A Browser For Vizio Smart TVs?
- 2 How to Connect Your Vizio Smart TV to Wi-Fi
- 3 Getting an Internet Browser on Your Vizio Smart TV
- 4 Final Thoughts
Is There A Browser For Vizio Smart TVs?
No. Currently, Vizio smart TVs don’t have a built-in or downloadable internet browser. Like other smart TVs, Vizio focuses more on compatibility with streaming apps and services than on internet browser support.
However, you can try alternative methods to use an internet browser indirectly on your Vizio TV. This includes getting a streaming device with a downloadable internet browser—like the Amazon Fire Stick—and sharing your phone’s browser to your Vizio smart TV through screen casting.
How to Connect Your Vizio Smart TV to Wi-Fi
An internet connection is essential to your smart TV’s features and apps. So, before you can use an internet browser on your Vizio TV, you’ll need to connect it to your Wi-Fi network first. To connect your Vizio smart TV to Wi-Fi, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Vizio TV and press the Menu button on the Vizio remote.
- Go to Network > Network Connection and select Wireless.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network name and enter your Wi-Fi password.
- Your Vizio TV will now be connected to Wi-Fi shortly.
Getting an Internet Browser on Your Vizio Smart TV
As mentioned earlier, Vizio smart TVs don’t have a built-in or downloadable internet browser. But, you can try these methods below to get an internet browser on your Vizio TV using a streaming device, smartphone, or computer. Remember to review each method below and see which is effective for your Vizio smart TV.
Method #1: Use A Streaming Device
One way to use an internet browser on your Vizio TV is via a streaming device. Choose the Amazon Fire Stick or similar streaming devices with browser support.
To use the internet browser on Amazon Fire Stick on your Vizio TV, proceed to these steps:
- Turn on your Vizio smart TV with the Amazon Fire Stick streaming device connected.
- Using the Fire Stick remote, select Find on the home screen and choose Search.
- Type in the keywords Silk Browser and select its app icon. Choose Download.
- Once installed, launch the app. You can now use an internet browser on your Vizio TV via a streaming device.
Another effective method to access unavailable or restricted apps and services on your Vizio TV is screen casting. To effectively cast your phone and Vizio TV, ensure that both devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Also, make sure the Google Home app is installed on your smartphone.
To share your phone’s internet browser to Vizio TV via screen casting, follow the steps below:
- Turn on your Vizio TV.
- Launch Google Home on your phone and select Cast screen/audio.
- Choose your Vizio smart TV from the list of devices and tap Cast my screen. Your phone’s screen will now be cast to your Vizio TV.
- Open your phone’s default internet browser app and go to your desired website.
To do this using your computer, proceed to these steps:
- Turn on your Vizio TV.
- Next, switch on your computer and ensure that the smart TV and your computer are connected to the same wireless connection.
- Launch Google Chrome on your computer and select the Settings (three vertical dots) icon on the window’s top-right corner.
- Select Cast and click Cast to.
- Choose Cast Desktop and select your Vizio TV below Cast To.
- The Google Chrome window will now be displayed on your Vizio TV.
- You can now start navigating to your desired website.
As of the moment, Vizio smart TVs do not support internet browsers. However, you can still resort to other methods to use an internet browser on your smart TV externally. Hopefully, this guide helps you to access an internet browser on Vizio TV using easy-to-do methods.