Taking a screenshot is one of the most useful productivity tools we have today. However, people don’t think twice about maximizing the uses of Print Screen.
If you have an Acer laptop, you may not know that there are multiple ways to take a screenshot on your device. Each process is different and has its advantages and disadvantages.
In this article, we’ll tackle four different ways to take a screenshot on your Acer laptop. We hope that you’ll be able to identify the best method for you to make the most of this underestimated productivity tool.
Note: If you don’t have an Acer laptop, we also have guides on How to Screenshot on Samsung Laptop and ASUS Laptop.
Table of Contents
4 Methods: How to Screenshot on Acer
If you’re wondering how to SS on Acer, the PrtSc button on your keyboard will capture all the content displayed on your screen.
While the PrtSc button doesn’t store the image on your computer, the file will be saved on your laptop’s clipboard. This means that you have to paste it onto another image software so that you can save it.
Be careful not to press the PrtSc key again if you don’t want to overwrite your current screengrab.
The easiest programs to use with the PrtSc button are either MS Paint or MS Word.
Here’s how to use the PrtSc key on your Acer laptop:
- Press the PrtSc key on your keyboard to take a screenshot of your full screen. If you’re only taking a screenshot of a single window, press Alt + PrtSc. The image will be saved on your keyboard.
- Open MS Word or MS Paint then press Ctrl +V to paste the screenshot. You can edit, crop, and resize the photo on these programs.
- When you’re done editing, press Ctrl + S to save the image
The steps we just gave isn’t the most efficient method, but it does get the job done. If you want to automatically save the screenshot on your computer, you can press the Windows key and the PrtSc key simultaneously.
- Press the Fn + Windows key + PrtSc key at the same time. If the combination doesn’t work press try PrtSc + Fn, PrtSc + Alt, or Alt + PrtSc + Fn. This should prompt an animation that will tell you once the screenshot is saved n your computer.
- To find the screenshot on your laptop, navigate to User > Pictures > Screenshots. You will see that all your screenshots are arranged in the folder according to the date and time of capture.
If your Acer laptop doesn’t have a PrtSc key, try pressing Winkey + Fn + Space bar to take a screenshot.
Method 2: More Options with the Snipping Tool
Using the PrtSc function is the most basic way to take a screenshot. However, there may be times when you want to do more than take a photo of your entire screen.
Using the Snipping tool will allow you to take a screenshot of specific areas on your screen. This means that you don’t have to edit and crop the image to remove unwanted parts.
The Snipping Tool can also be used to take a screenshot of scrolling or moving screens to make GIFs.
Fortunately, the convenient Snipping Tool is available on all Windows laptops and computers. It’s called the Snip&Sketch on Windows 10.
You can customize the Snipping tool in two ways: Mode and Delay.
Adjusting Mode will allow you to adjust the scope of the screenshot
- Full Screen: screenshots the entire screen
- Window: screenshots a specific window
- Rectangular: drag a cursor over the selected area
- Freeform: draw a free-form shape around the selected area.
Adjusting Delay will allow you to take a screenshot of another window by choosing between a time interval of 1 to 5 seconds.
Here are the steps to using the Snipping tool:
- Press the WinKey, then search for “Snipping Tool” in the search bar. For Windows 10 users, look for Snip&Sketch. Launch the program.
- Click New once the program opens.
- Adjust Mode and Delay according to your preferred settings.
- Use the cursor to capture your screen
- Click Save Snip, then save it to a folder on your computer.
If you want a quick way to share screenshots without having to save the images to your computer this method is for you.
Follow these steps to instantly share screenshots:
- Launch the window you want to take a screenshot of.
- Press WinKey + H at the same time. Sharing options should appear on the right side of your screen.
- Select the sharing method you want to use to quickly send your screenshot.
Method 4: Get a Browser Extension or Plugin
Not many people know that you can use browser extensions or plugins to unlock more complex screenshot functions. Screenshot extensions from the Chrome store usually offer additional features like photo editing tools, cropping, resizing, sharing, highlighting, blurring, and saving the image to your preferred format.
You can usually find affordable, if not free, extensions on the Google Chrome store.
On top of that, you can use Google Chrome extensions on other browsers, including Opera, Firefox, and UC Browser.
If you’re not sure which screenshot extensions to get, you can try some of our trusted apps:
- Nimbus Screenshot & Video Recorder
- HTML Element Screenshot.
Taking a screenshot is generally the same for most Windows-powered laptops. However, not many Acer laptop users know that there are multiple ways on how to take a screenshot on their device.
These varying methods all differ in the amount of time and effort it takes to complete the screen capture. On top of that, knowing the different ways to take a screenshot on your laptop will help you figure out if you need additional tools for photo editing, cropping, sharing, and more.
If you want to take a simple screenshot of your entire screen, using the PrtSc keys will be enough. However, if you want to take a screenshot of specific portions of your screen, using the Snipping Tool will be beneficial for you.
If you need to share a lot of screenshots, using the Win + H key will help improve your productivity.
If taking a screenshot of webpages is your priority, you can search for trusted screenshot browser extensions on the Chrome Store.