There are times when simply copying and pasting text isn’t enough to capture the information you need. Especially if you want to save a visual representation of data, you will need to take a screenshot of the content displayed on your screen.
If you have an ASUS laptop, chances are that it runs on Windows operating system. Most people think that the screenshot feature varies from device to device, but the actual process of getting a screen capture is the same for almost all Windows computers and laptops.
To help you out, we’ll discuss the different ways to get a screenshot on your Asus laptop. Each process will give you a quality screen grab, but the effort and time it takes to get the screenshot will vary.
Note: If you don’t have an ASUS laptop, we also have guides on How to Screenshot on Samsung Laptop and Acer Laptop.
Table of Contents
4 Methods: How to Take a Screenshot on ASUS Laptop
Method 1 (Easiest Way): Use the PrtSc key
Pushing the PrtSc key will take a screen capture of all the content displayed on your screen.
Keep in mind that the PrtSc button doesn’t automatically save the image. The digital image is stored in your clipboard, so you will need to paste the content in a document or image editing software to save it.
If you press the PrtSc button again, you will overwrite the current image that you copied.
Here’s how to take a screenshot using the Print Screen button:
- Press the PrtSc button once to capture your screen. An image of your entire screen will be saved on your clipboard.
- Paste the copied image onto MS Word or MS Paint by pressing Ctrl +V. Use any of these two programs to edit or crop the screenshot.
- After editing the screenshot, save the image by pressing Ctrl + S.
You might have noticed that the above steps can be time-consuming. An easier way to use the Print Screen key with the Windows Key. This method will automatically save your screenshot in one of the folders of your Asus laptop:
- Press WinKey + PrtSc at the same time to capture your screen. Wait until the animation notifies you about the successful screenshot.
- To access the screenshot, navigate to User > Pictures. Your screenshots will be arranged according to the time and date you’ve captured them.
If your Asus laptop doesn’t have the PrtSc key, you can press Fn + Win + Space bar to capture a screenshot.
Method 2: Use the Snipping Tool
There are times when you don’t need to take a screenshot of the entire screen. Sometimes, it can be a hassle to edit and crop your screenshots every time you use the PrtSc key.
In that case, you can use the Snipping Tool which is available on every Windows-powered computer. If you have a Windows 10 Asus laptop, you’ll find it under the program name Snip&Sketch.
The Snipping tool offers more flexibility when it comes to customizing your screenshots. The tool offers screenshot Modes, including:
- Full Screen: captures the entire screen
- Window: captures a selected window
- Rectangular: cursor to be dragged around content to form a rectangle
- Freeform: allows drawing a free-form shape around an object
It also has a delayed response feature where you can take a screen capture between a time interval of 1 to 5 seconds. This is a great tool if you want to capture a different screen.
Here’s how to use the Snipping Tool:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard, then type “Snip” in the search bar. Launch the program by selecting the app in the search results.
- Once the app opens, click New in the left-hand corner of the window.
- Then select the screenshot Mode you would like to use. You can also customize the Delay feature and choose either No Delay or a delay between 1 to 5 seconds.
- Click and drag over the selected area of your screen, then release the mouse button to finish the capture.
- Click Save Snip, then choose the folder where you want to save it.
Do you need to send a quick screenshot to a friend or a colleague? You can use the Win + H keys to instantly share a screenshot without having to save it to your laptop.
This is a great method for those who need to send a lot of screenshots but don’t want to sacrifice their computer storage. This method is also the best if you want to save yourself the hassle of having to clear your recycle bin each time you take a screenshot.
Here’s how to quickly send a screenshot:
- Open the window you want to capture.
- Press the Win + H key at the same time. A dialog box should appear on the right.
- From the sharing options, simply select the method you want to use to share the screenshot instantly.
Method 4: Use a Browser Extension or Plugin
If you want to capture a screenshot of a webpage on your browser, you can use an extension or plugin from the extensions store. If the standard screen capture methods using PrtSc or the Snipping tool don’t work for you, there are a lot of screenshot extensions available on the Chrome Web store for free.
Screenshot extensions usually bring new features including photo editing, resizing and cropping, highlighting, blurring, cloud copy, sharing, and converting to JPG or PNG format.
Another great thing is that most screenshot extensions aren’t limited to Chrome. Some extensions can also be used on other browsers like Firefox, Opera, UC Browser, and Brave.
Some of our favorites include Lightshot, Nimbus Screenshot & Video Recorder, FireShot, GoFullPage, and HTML Element Screenshot.
Alternatively, if you are trying to take a screenshot on an Android device and receive the “Can’t Take Screenshot Due to Security Policy” error, you can read our guide to learn how to bypass it.
Conclusion – ASUS Laptop Print Screen
Not many people know that there are many ways to take a screenshot. Knowing the different methods will not only save you time, but it will give you the flexibility to customize the screenshot feature to suit your needs:
- If you need to capture a screenshot of your entire scream, take advantage of the PrtSc key.
- For capturing scrolling, moving, and freeform screenshots, use the Snipping Tool.
- For sharing screenshots, use the Windows + H key to send an instant screenshot.
- If you’re looking for flexible screenshot features for capturing web content, download an extension on the Chrome store.