Connecting your Android phone to a smart TV is an ideal choice, especially when watching movies, movie series, and other media content with your family or friends. Most modern smart TVs are capable of connecting to another smart device wirelessly—that includes the VIZIO SmartCast TV.
Since its introduction to Samsung phones, screen mirroring is a handy feature that turns your smart TV into a secondary display. As long as your Android smartphone is running on Android 5.0 or later, it will support screen mirroring.
In this guide, we’ll show you how to connect your Android phone to a VIZIO smart TV using the VIZIO SmartCast Mobile App. So, if you’re wondering how to cast to a VIZIO TV from your Android phone, read this guide to learn more.
Table of Contents
What is the VIZIO SmartCast Mobile App?
By using the VIZIO SmartCast Mobile App, you can control your VIZIO smart TV with your Android phone. You can search for various TV programs, movies, live streams, and other media content through multiple apps. It is compatible with VIZIO SmartCast TVs that were made in 2018 or later.
You can initiate simple TV controls, like turning your smart TV On and Off, playing and pausing content, and personalize advanced display settings—all from your phone. This app also has the SmartCast feature, which makes screencasting possible.
The VIZIO SmartCast Mobile App is available for free on the Google Play Store. You can click here to download it.
How to Cast Phone to VIZIO TV?
If you have already downloaded the VIZIO SmartCast mobile app and your VIZIO smart TV is compatible with the app, you can now start screencasting from your phone to your smart TV.
Important: Ensure that you’ll connect both the VIZIO smart TV and your phone to one common wireless network to avoid connection problems.
To connect your Android phone to a VIZIO SmartCast TV, follow these steps:
- Open the VIZIO SmartCast Mobile App on your Android phone and create an account. If you already have an account, you can just login directly.
- Next, tap the toolbar on the upper-left of the screen and pick the device you want to connect with.
Note: Besides your VIZIO SmartCast TV, you can also use the app to connect to other VIZIO SmartCast products, like soundbars, speakers, and other VIZIO devices.
- Then, you will see a window with a set of available devices nearby. Select the device name of the VIZIO smart TV and tap the Start button.
- You will now be asked to pair both your devices using a four-digit PIN code that’s displayed on your VIZIO smart TV. Enter the PIN code to your phone and wait for the pairing process to finish.
- Once both of your devices are paired, connect both of your devices to a common Wi-Fi and type in your desired Display Name.
- Your Android phone is now connected to the VIZIO smart TV. You can now control your TV from your smartphone using the app. You can also cast movies, TV programs, and other media content from your phone to the TV using the ScreenCast feature.
Other Ways to Connect your Android Phone to a VIZIO Smart TV
Besides pairing both your smartphone and VIZIO SmartCast TV using the VIZIO SmartCast mobile app, you can also try to connect them using a third-party device, like a Chromecast dongle, and other screencasting or screen mirroring applications that are available on Google Play.
If you run into Problems
Mirroring a phone to your VIZIO TV should be painless, but it may not go as planned. If you can hear sound but there is no picture, please see our article on Vizio smart TV has sound but no picture.
Screen mirroring enables you to watch your favorite movies and TV shows from your Android phone. It gives you and your viewers an immersive viewing experience that only a smart TV can provide. Besides that, you can also do basic controls from your phone as long as it is connected through the VIZIO SmartCast mobile app.
So, if you’re looking forward to watching various media content on your VIZIO SmartCast TV from your smartphone, just follow the steps in this guide and you’re all set.