There are various things that you can do with your PlayStation Network account, but one of the most useful is getting a PlayStation Plus membership. It gives you exclusive offers and discounts on an array of games in the PlayStation Store. It also helps you to gain extra discounts on top of discounted games and apps.
A PS Plus subscription typically lasts from a month to a year, depending on the plan that you chose. However, users can face problems when attempting to get a new PS Plus membership or are planning to extend it once it expires. In this guide, we’ll show you what the PlayStation error code E-8210604A is and how to fix it on your PS4.
Read this guide to learn more.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is Error E-8210604A on PS4?
- 2 PS4 Error Code E-8210604A Fixes
- 3 Final Thoughts
What is Error E-8210604A on PS4?
As mentioned earlier, the error E-8210604A on PS4 appears when you’re attempting to buy a new PS Plus membership or are planning to extend it after expiration. It can also mean that your current payment method is not working when purchasing a new PS Plus subscription.
You’ll notice this error with the “An error has occurred.” error message and its error code at the bottom. Fortunately, this is just a temporary issue and can just be caused by a bug or a glitch on your PSN account or its payment method.
PS4 Error Code E-8210604A Fixes
Now that you know what the PS Plus error E-8210604A is, here are some fixes that you can try to solve. Remember to go over them individually and see which fix works best for your PSN account.
Fix #1: Power Cycle your PS4 and WiFi Router
A quick power cycle can potentially fix this PS4 issue, especially when it’s caused by a bug or glitch. It resets your console and its internal components, in case they’re not stable. To power cycle your PS4, follow these steps:
- With your console switched on, press and hold the Power button until you hear two beeps. Your console will now be completely turned off.
- Unplug its power cable from the socket and wait for two minutes.
- Then, reconnect the power cable and turn your PS4 on.
- Go to your PSN account and see if the error is solved.
You can also do a power cycle on your WiFi router when you’re experiencing connection issues on your PS4. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Turn off your WiFi router and unplug its power adapter from the socket.
- Wait for thirty seconds and plug the power cord back in.
- Turn on your router and let the PS4 connect to it automatically.
- Navigate to your PSN account and check if the error still exists.
Fix #2: Sign Out and Sign Back into your PSN Account
One effective method that has helped a lot of users is by signing out of their PlayStation Network account and signing back in. This solves bugs and glitches that can lead to the PS4 E-8210604A error.
To do this method, proceed to these steps:
- Turn on your PS4 and go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Other.
- Select PlayStation Network and choose Sign Out.
- Then, sign back into your account by providing your PSN account’s login details on the login screen.
- Check if the error still exists once you purchase a PS Plus subscription.
Fix #3: Buy a PS Plus Subscription via Third-party Retailers
Besides purchasing the subscription directly from the PlayStation Store, you can instead buy it from third-party retailers online like Amazon. However, we still recommend that you compare the prices of each retailer and see which one will save you money. When buying a PS Plus subscription from Amazon, it will instantly apply to your account once the redeem code is entered.
To buy a PS Plus subscription from Amazon, follow the steps below:
- Go to Amazon’s official website and log in to your account.
- Search for the PlayStation Plus keyword on the search bar and press Enter.
- Scroll and find the PlayStation Plus membership that you want to be applied to your PSN account.
- Once you’ve found it, click on it and select Add to Cart. Then, proceed to checkout.
- After receiving the redeem code via email, go to the PlayStation Store and select Redeem Codes.
- Enter the 12-digit code that you’ve received and select Continue.
- Choose Confirm and wait for the confirmation message about your PS Plus subscription.
- After receiving the message, your PS Plus message should now be active. If you’re having trouble receiving it, reboot your PS4 and wait for it to arrive in a few minutes.
Fix #4: Check your Payment Wallet
One of the most common reasons why the PS4 E-8210604A error appears is due to a failed payment transaction. It’s important to first check your payment wallet and see if it has enough funds to complete a PS Plus payment.
To check your payment wallet in your PSN account, follow these steps:
- Using your computer’s default browser, navigate to PlayStation Store and log in to your PSN account.
- Once signed in, click on your profile thumbnail and select Payment Management.
- With your default payment wallet selected, click the Add Funds button and select a funding method. You can either use a third-party retailer or your credit/debit card.
- After the funds are successfully added, try purchasing a PS Plus membership once again and see if the error still shows up.
Fix #5: Add a PayPal Account as a Payment Method
Alternatively, you can use your existing PayPal account to pay for a PS Plus membership. This is especially useful when you’re having problems paying with your payment wallets and cards. However, PlayStation only allows PayPal purchases in selected countries. To know more, check this support article by PlayStation.
To use PayPal to pay for a PS Plus subscription on PS4, proceed to these steps:
- Use your computer’s default browser and go to the PlayStation Store’s official website.
- Log in to your PSN account and navigate to Payment Method and select Add Payment Method.
- Select PayPal and log in to your PayPal account. Once it already has a card linked to it with enough funds, proceed to your PS4 and go to the PlayStation Store.
- Buy your selected PS Plus subscription and select PayPal as your payment type.
- Check if the PS4 E-8210604A error still appears.
A PlayStation Plus membership is a great feature on your PSN account which gives you access to various perks and discounts when buying certain games and apps on the PlayStation Store. However, you’ll sometimes come across the PS4 E-8210604A error when renewing your PS Plus membership.
Hopefully, these fixes can help you solve this PS4 issue using easy-to-follow methods. For further assistance on payment issues, contact Sony Support.