Hulu is an online streaming service owned by The Walt Disney Company. It offers various TV shows, movies, and Hulu original programming. You can also have access to their Live TV feature with unlimited viewing on Hulu’s streaming library.
Hulu is available on several consoles and streaming devices—including the PS4. Users have however reported a Hulu Corrupted Data error showing on their screen. In this guide, we’ll show you how you can fix the Hulu data corrupted error on PS4, as well as why Hulu won’t load on PS4.
Read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
What does Hulu Corrupted Data Mean on PS4?
The Hulu Corrupted Data error occurs when your PS4 console fails to recognize Hulu’s app data. This data is pre-downloaded or generated by the Hulu app itself—it may include user data, downloaded movies, music, and other media content.
How to Fix Hulu Corrupted Data on PS4
If you experienced this problem while opening the Hulu app on PS4, chances are you cannot open the app or stream your favorite movies and shows. These are the fixes that you can try when trying to troubleshoot this annoying issue.
Before you blame your PS4, have you checked if the Hulu App is Crashing or Freezing – maybe the app just needs an update.
Fix #1: Power Cycle your PS4
Similar to other PS4 problems, the first thing to try is power cycling your PS4 console. It resets your device and its apps, therefore fixing bugs and glitches that occur. Also, it clears all temporary data—such as app cache—that can help your console to run normally.
To power cycle your PS4, follow these steps:
- Turn off your PS4 by pressing its Power button. The indicator light will blink a few times and your console should shut down.
- Next, disconnect its Power cord from the socket and wait for one to two minutes.
- After waiting, reconnect the Power cord of your console and turn it on.
- Open the Hulu app and see if the problem is solved.
Power cycling is also recommended as a way to fix the PS4 White Light of Death.
Fix #2: Delete System Storage Data
When downloading and using various apps on your PS4, it automatically saves app data in its System Storage Data. It should act as a backup of user and app data, but it can also be the cause of app problems, including the Hulu Corrupted Data error. Most users have reported that deleting the System Storage Data has fixed the said problem.
To clear the System Storage Data on your PS4, follow the steps below:
- Open your PS4 console. From the Home Screen, go to Settings.
- Select Application Saved Data Management.
- Choose Saved Data in System Storage and select Delete.
- Then, select the Hulu Plus icon and choose Delete.
After doing this method, you may be prompted to re-enter your Hulu account’s login details such as email and password. Once logged in, check if you’re still experiencing the Hulu Corrupted Data error.
Fix #3: Conduct a Database Rebuild on your PS4
A Database Rebuild reorganizes all app and user files on your console’s hard drive. It effectively makes your console quicker and faster when opening apps and accessing various features. The duration of this process will depend on the number of installed games and apps on your PS4.
To do a Database Rebuild on your PS4, follow these steps:
- Turn off your PS4 by pressing its Power button.
- Once it’s turned off, press and hold the Power button for seven seconds until you hear two beeps. This will force your PS4 to enter Safe Mode.
- Next, connect your PS4’s DualShock controller via USB.
- From the choices in Safe Mode, select Rebuild Database (fifth option).
- Once the process is completed, open the Hulu app and see if the problem persists.
Fix #4: Initialize your PS4 Console
Initializing your PS4 is similar to conducting a factory reset. It effectively deletes all saved app and user data on the console’s system storage, including user accounts. Also, it restores all settings and configurations to their default values.
Important: Before continuing, ensure that you have a backup of all important data on your PS4. As mentioned earlier, all data on your PS4’s hard drive will be wiped.
- Turn on your PS4 console. From the Home Screen, go to Settings.
- Select Initialization > Initialize PS4.
- Choose Quick. Your PS4 will immediately start initializing.
You can also do this method while your console is on Safe Mode. Here’s how to do it:
- Turn off your console by pressing the Power button.
- Once it is turned off, press and hold the Power button for seven seconds until you hear two beeps. Your PS4 will now boot on Safe Mode.
- Connect your PS4’s DualShock controllers via USB.
- From the listed options, select Initialize (sixth option).
- Wait for the initialization process to finish.
- Once it’s done, set up your PS4 and install the Hulu App. Open it and check if the Hulu Corrupted Data error is solved.
While you are fixing up Hulu, we also have a fix if your PS4 Fan is too noisy.
Hulu is one of the premier online streaming services that are available on various devices. With it, you can watch your favorite movies, movie series, and TV shows. However, it might be impossible to watch them on your PS4 when you’re experiencing the Hulu Corrupted Data error. Hence, this guide can help you fix this problem once it shows up on your console’s display.