Sony’s PS5 is a popular choice amongst many gamers and console enthusiasts. Besides a powerful CPU, GPU, and huge SSD storage, it’s capable of supporting most of the latest console games and apps today. However, some reportedly experienced errors with it, including the PS5 error CE-10005-6.
This issue mostly shows up when there’s a problem installing a game or app on your PS5. In this guide, we’ll show you what is the PS5 error CE-10005-6 no disc or with a physical disc and how to solve it.
Read this guide to know more.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is the PS5-CE-10005-6 Digital Error?
- 2 How to Fix the PS5 Error CE-10005-6 Using 6 Methods
- 3 Final Thoughts
What is the PS5-CE-10005-6 Digital Error?
As mentioned earlier, this error mostly occurs when you’re having trouble installing a game through a physical disc. A “Something went wrong.” error message will show up along with the error code CE-10005-6. That being said, this issue also occurs even when you’re trying to download and install a game or app without a disk.
Here are the most common reasons for this error:
- Disc Cannot Be Read – When inserting a game or app disc on your PS5, make sure that it’s not damaged and is readable. Check for scratches or other kinds of damage on the disc as this may cause the PS5 error CE-10005-6.
- Poor Internet Connection – When your console downloads an app or game over the internet, you’ll need to have a stable internet connection to avoid errors. Once a download is interrupted, there’s a high chance that the PS5 CE-10005-6 will appear.
Note that this error is different to PS5 Error CE-10095-5 which occurs when trying to update games.
How to Fix the PS5 Error CE-10005-6 Using 6 Methods
Now that you know all the possible reasons why this error occurs, here are some methods you can try to solve this PS5 app issue. Make sure to follow each step carefully and check which method worked the best for your PS5.
Method #1: Power Cycle your PS5 and WiFi Router
One proven method for errors such as the PS5 error CE-10005-6 is by power cycling the console. It resets your device temporarily to solve most glitches and bugs. It’s also an easy solution to do and won’t cause harm to your PS5.
To power cycle your PS5, follow these steps:
- With your PS5 turned on, press and hold the Power button until the power light stops flashing.
- Next, remove its power cable from the socket and wait for twenty minutes to drain most power on the console.
- Then, plug its power cord back in and turn on your PS5.
- Attempt to install the game and see if the error still exists.
Also, you can proceed to do a power cycle on your WiFi router if you’re experiencing a slow internet connection while downloading a game. To power cycle your WiFi router, follow the steps below:
- Turn off your router and unplug its power adapter from the socket.
- Wait for thirty seconds to let power drain from the router’s components.
- Plug the power adapter back in and turn on your router.
- Wait for your PS5 to automatically connect via WiFi and download your game.
- See if this PS5 error is solved.
Method #2: Clean the Physical Disc and Disc Tray on your PS5
This error can occur once you insert a damaged or dirty disc, which in turn cannot be read by your console. Take the disc out from your PS5 and wipe it clean using a soft cloth damped up with enough alcohol or water. Make sure to handle it using the plastic hub and its edges—avoid touching the sides as this can cause smudges.
Note: Once there’s severe physical damage on the disc, you’ll need to replace it by buying a new one at authorized PlayStation stores near you.
Also, don’t forget to clean the console’s disc tray. Use a soft brush to dislodge any dust or debris that may be sitting on it. Once the disc and the disc tray are both clean, insert the disc again and try installing the game or app on your PS5. Check if the CE-10005-6 error is solved.
Method #3: Restart your PS5 via Safe Mode
When power cycling your device didn’t work, you can restart your console via Safe Mode. It’s a secure way to restart your device, especially when downloads take too long due to a bug or glitch.
To restart your PS5 via Safe mode, proceed to these steps;
- With your PS5 turned off, press and hold the Power button until you hear two beeps. Quickly release the button; your PS5 will now boot into Safe Mode.
- Connect your PS5 controller via USB.
- Navigate to the first option or Restart PS5. Select it and wait for your PS5 to restart.
- Try downloading the game and see if the error still shows up.
Method #4: Wait During Download
Some users have solved this issue by simply waiting during download on their PS5. This means that you’ll need to avoid doing tasks on your console while the download or installation is still ongoing. This will ensure that your console’s system will only focus on the download so it can be finished without any errors.
Method #5: Re-insert the Disc
One trick that can solve the PS5 CE-10005-6 is by re-inserting the physical disc from the tray. It can prompt your console to install the game or app and bypass the error. This especially works when your disc gets too hot or overheats; cooling it down for a few seconds and re-inserting it can solve the problem.
Method #6: Contact Sony Support
If you’re still facing the same issue despite trying all the above methods, try contacting Sony Support to address the problem. Their trained technicians are more than capable of solving console problems, especially when internal hardware damage is causing the PS5 error CE-10005-6.
Your PS5 is capable of handling various games due to its extensive SSD storage and superb specs. However, it’s still possible to encounter errors such as the PS5 error CE-10005-6 on your console. Hence, these six methods can hopefully guide you to solve this PS5 error while installing games and apps.