The PS5 is a much-improved version of its predecessors, like the PS4, PS3, etc. It’s one of the few consoles which support 4K resolution—even up to 8K/60FPS. That said, PS5s also experience some errors that prevent you from launching installed games and apps.
The PS5 CE-10095-5 is an error that disables your device from updating installed games and apps. You’ll notice this when your PS5 can’t start a game or app and shows the error code CE-10095-5. In this guide, we’ll show you what this PS5 error is and how to fix it using six methods.
Table of Contents
- 1 What is the CE-10095-5 Error in PS5?
- 2 How to Fix Error CE-10095-5 on PS5
- 2.1 Method #1: Power Cycle your PS5 and WiFi Router
- 2.2 Method #2: Re-insert the Game Disc on your PS5
- 2.3 Method #3: Install the Latest Software Updates on your PS5
- 2.4 Method #4: Reinstall the App or Game on your PS5
- 2.5 Method #5: Rebuild the Database of your PS5
- 2.6 Method #6: Contact PlayStation Support
- 3 Final Thoughts
What is the CE-10095-5 Error in PS5?
As mentioned earlier, this error appears if you decide to launch a game or app on your PS5. It is mostly caused by corrupted game files among other reasons. Sometimes, it will display a “Can’t start the game or app” or “Something went wrong” in its error message.
Besides corrupted game files, here are the most common reasons for the PS5 error CE-10095-5:
- System Bug or Glitch – In some cases, you’ll experience bugs on your PS5, especially when launching games and apps. It’s a shared problem among other PlayStation models, but it can be fixed using common workarounds.
- Outdated Software – Software updates are critical for your device to keep itself running in optimal condition. The latest updates contain fixes to certain bugs such as the PS5 CE-10095-5 error. So, it’s wise to install them first before using your console’s features.
- The PlayStation Network is Down – Some errors on the PS5 can be attributed to a problem with the PlayStation Network. When it’s down, features such as certain games and apps can be temporarily unavailable. To check the PSN status, click this link.
- Slow WiFi Connection – Similar to the PSN, you can check your WiFi connection’s status from your ISP’s status page. Also, see if other devices that are currently connected to your WiFi are connected to the internet.
Note that this is different to the PS5 Can’t Start Game or App Error and the PS5 Error CE-1005-6 which occurs when installing a game for the first time.
How to Fix Error CE-10095-5 on PS5
Now that you know the most common reasons for this PS5 error, below are some methods that you can try. Remember to go over them individually and see which one works best for your console.
Method #1: Power Cycle your PS5 and WiFi Router
An effective way to solve most errors on your PS5 is by power cycling it. Compared to a restart, a power cycle re-initializes all of your PS5’s internal components. To power cycle your PS5, follow these steps:
- With your PS5 turned on, press and hold the Power button until the power light stops flashing.
- Remove its power cable and wait for twenty minutes to drain most of its power.
- Reconnect the power cable back to the socket and turn on your PS5.
- Launch a game or app and see if the PS5 CE-10095-5 error is solved.
Also, you can try power cycling your WiFi router. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Turn off the router and unplug its power cable from the socket.
- Wait for thirty seconds and plug the power cable back in.
- Turn on the router and let your PS5 connect to it automatically.
- Check if the error still exists.
Power cycling your PS5 is a great first step, as it fixes 90% of the problems and is easy to try. It is also recommended if you are getting the error message “An Unidentified Error Occurred” on the PS5 Playstation store
Method #2: Re-insert the Game Disc on your PS5
Some users were able to solve this problem by re-inserting the game disc. When this problem is caused by a bug or glitch, it’s possible to solve this PS5 error by doing a simple re-insert. Also, don’t forget to check if the game disc is properly placed on the disc tray to avoid damaging the disc.
Method #3: Install the Latest Software Updates on your PS5
Most software updates are done to fix most reported bugs from the last update. It’s an effective way to solve all errors such as the PS5 CE-10095-5 error. First, ensure that your PS5 is connected to WiFi, and proceed to these steps:
- Turn on your PS5 and navigate to Settings > System > System Software.
- Choose System Software Update and select Update System Software.
- Select Update Using Internet and let the console download and install the latest software updates.
- Reboot your PS5 and launch a game or app. Check if it still displays the PS5 CE-10095-5 error.
Method #4: Reinstall the App or Game on your PS5
Another solution that you can try is to reinstall the app or game that displays the PS5 error CE-10095-5 error. By doing this, you’ll install a new version of the app or game that does not have the same error upon launch.
To reinstall a game or app in your PS5, do the following:
- Turn on your PS5 and navigate to the game or app that you want to uninstall.
- Press Options and choose Delete. Then, select OK to uninstall it from your PS5.
- Next, navigate to your PS5’s Game Library and find the game or app that you’ve just uninstalled.
- Select it and choose Download. Wait for the app to be downloaded and installed on your console.
- Launch the game and see if the error still shows up.
Method #5: Rebuild the Database of your PS5
Rebuilding the database of your PS5 repairs all of the console’s broken files and cleans up temporary or obsolete files from your PS5’s hard drive or SSD. It’s efficient in finding and fixing corrupted files that are causing errors.
Remember that doing a database rebuild will not delete user, app, or game data and settings. To do a database rebuild on your PS5 via Safe Mode, follow these steps:
- With your PS5 turned off, press and hold its Power button until you hear two beeps. Then, release it; your PS5 will now boot into Safe Mode.
- Plug your DualShock controller into your PS5 via USB.
- Choose the Rebuild Database option.
- Once the process is finished, reboot your console and check if the error is solved.
Method #6: Contact PlayStation Support
If the error still exists despite trying all the methods above, you can contact PlayStation Support for further help. Their console technicians are more than capable of diagnosing the problem, especially when your console suffers from an issue with one of its internal components.
Although this method will cost you more, it’s a solution that’s worth it for your device in the long run.
We have lots more articles about the PS5. What not find out What Graphics Card Does The PS5 Have?
Your PS5 is capable of handling various apps and games. Also, you can launch streaming apps and watch media content at the highest resolutions available, including 4K and 8K. However, you’re bound to face errors such as the PS5 error CE-10095-5 when launching an app or game. Hopefully, these six methods can help you solve this PS5 error on your device.