Roblox is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game (MMORPG) that is mainly available on Windows, Mac, and Xbox. It is known for its immersive gaming community that’s all about creating games and interacting with others. Roblox has over 40 million games on its database.
Some players have however reported an error when starting a game, namely Roblox error code 610 or HTTP 400 error. This issue prevents Roblox users from joining a private game server and therefore cannot play the game overall.
In this guide, we will show you what error code 610 is in Roblox, the possible causes for this error, and how to fix this issue. So, if you have currently experienced this problem, read further to learn more.
Table of Contents
What is Error Code 610 in Roblox?
The Roblox error code 610 is one of the few join errors in Roblox. It prevents you from joining a game server and also occurs randomly. This server glitch is also called the HTTP 400 error. The following error message will show up on your computer screen:
Join Error Can’t join [insert place]: HTTP 400 (Unknown error.) (Error Code: 610)
Before going straight into the fixes, we will first go into some reasons for this issue.
Possible Reasons for Roblox Error Code 610
- Server Maintenance – Server problems can primarily cause Roblox error code 610. It’s usually a control measure to prevent players from joining a game and fix any problems. The good thing is it’s temporary; you will need to check the Roblox status page for immediate updates.
- Account Glitches – This error may be the result of a glitch that is also being experienced by many players. Fortunately, this can be fixed by simple troubleshooting on your Roblox account. See also Roblox Error Code 524 and Roblox Error Code 103.
- DNS problems – Bad caches from your DNS can cause various problems to Roblox—including the Roblox error code 610. A quick refresh in your DNS and network configurations will fix this problem.
- Problems with the Web Version of Roblox – Although Roblox has more users from its web version than other platforms, it is also notorious for bugs and glitches. When you are playing Roblox on Windows 10, you can download the Roblox desktop version to try and solve this issue.
Now that you know what Roblox error code 610 is and its causes, you can have a clearer idea of solving the problem. Most of these fixes are for free and can take up to a few minutes, depending on the performance of your computer.
How to Fix Roblox Error Code 610
To solve this problem effectively, try to follow all the steps and see which one works for you. If you’re lucky, a simple fix should be enough to let you join a private server with your friends.
First, you will need to check all servers of Roblox by their Roblox status page; this page will show if some important Roblox assets are down or inoperational. You can also try to check their social pages if there are any announcements for scheduled server maintenance.
Once the game’s servers are up, you can try to log in and see if the problem is solved, specifically on Roblox’s private servers.
If there are no problems on Roblox servers, follow the fixes below:
Fix #1: Relog into your Roblox Account
One quick fix to this issue is by doing a relog-in or signing out of your account and signing in again. It might solve some glitches that your account is currently experiencing; in other words, it will refresh all the server data, which might help solve this problem.
To do a relog-in to your Roblox account, do the following:
- On the Roblox site, click on the gear icon (Settings) and choose Logout.
- Next, refresh the Roblox page and enter your login details and click Log In.
- Navigate to the game that you wish to join and check if the error is still occurring.
Fix #2: Refresh your DNS
Refreshing your DNS removes old IP addresses or other DNS records from your computer’s cache. It is also a great tool to have once you are having problems with MMORPGs, like Roblox. Although your computer will automatically do this for you, it’s still worth your time to try this fix.
To refresh your DNS using Command Prompt, follow these steps:
- Press the WIN+R keys on your keyboard to launch Run.
- Type in cmd and press OK to open the Command Prompt.
- Once open, type the following command:
Then, press Enter. Your internet connection may restart during this process, so keep that in mind.
- Once the DNS has been flushed, reconnect to your Wi-Fi or Ethernet connection and open Roblox on your browser.
- Join a game and check if the problem still exists.
Fix #3: Download the Roblox Desktop App (Windows 10 Users Only)
As mentioned earlier, the Roblox web client does have its problems and glitches. Fortunately, Roblox has created an app for Windows OS; from here, you can open your Roblox account and play games without having to open it from the browser.
To download and install the Roblox app on Windows, follow these steps:
- Using the search menu on the taskbar, type Windows Store and click Open.
- From the app, search for Roblox and choose Get to download it to your computer.
- After the download, press Play to launch Roblox.
- Enter your login details and press the Login button.
- Navigate to the game you wish to play and join the server. Also, check for errors in the joining process.
Roblox is one of the longtime mainstream gaming communities that are still relevant today. Due to its active gaming community, players and game creators are continuously logging into the platform and interacting through game servers.
Roblox, however, has its shortcomings in the form of errors, like the Roblox error code 610 or HTTP 400 error. Hence, these fixes can hopefully guide you in solving this issue that is prevalent on Roblox today.