Android phones are powerful device that has various useful features; one of which is downloading content. Unlike downloading items with a computer, downloads on Android phones are stored in different folders. Usually, every app has a folder where you can see your saved files.
In this guide, we’ll show you where you can find and view saved items on your phone. We’ll also go over where to find saved links on Android phones. So, if you’re curious about finding various saved items on your phone, read this guide to learn more.
Table of Contents
- 1 How to Retrieve Saved Items on My Phone
- 1.1 Where to Find Saved Items Through Browser
- 1.2 Where to Find Saved Links on Android Phone
- 1.3 Where to Find Saved Images Through Facebook App
- 1.4 Where to Find Saved Images on Android Phone
- 1.5 Where to Find Saved Items on Google App
- 1.6 Where to Find Saved Passwords on Android Phone
- 1.7 Where to Find Saved Items on Facebook
- 2 Final Thoughts
How to Retrieve Saved Items on My Phone
Most of the time, you won’t find all saved items on your phone in a specific folder; they’re saved separately depending on the app that you used to save them. Below, we’ll discuss the most common locations for your saved items:
Where to Find Saved Items Through Browser
Although you’ll use the Google Play Store to download apps, movies, and other types of content, you’ll still need a browser to download items directly from a website. These include music, other apps, important documents, etc. Downloading items on your Android phone’s browser is similar to downloading using the browser on your computer.
Regardless of the browser that you’re using, downloaded files and content will be saved in the Downloads folder. To find the Download folder on your phone, follow these steps:
- Open your Android phone and launch File Manager.
- Select Internal or Phone Storage.
- On the list of folders, you’ll see the Downloads folder.
You’ll be able to find this folder easily as it’s one of the mainly used folders on your phone. Items that are transferred using Bluetooth can sometimes be found in the Downloads folder.
Where to Find Saved Links on Android Phone
If you save a few links while browsing through Google Chrome, they’re going to be saved in the browser’s Bookmarks folder. Most of the time, you can save a link by tapping the Star icon on the browser’s address bar.
To find your saved links or bookmarks on Google Chrome, follow the steps below:
- Launch Google Chrome by tapping its icon from the phone’s App Menu.
- Select the More button (vertical icon with three dots) on the top-right corner of the screen and select Bookmarks.
- The list of your saved links will now appear. To launch, tap a bookmark; it will open at the next tab.
Where to Find Saved Images Through Facebook App
One of Facebook’s features is saving photos. When installing the app on your phone, all saved images will be stored in your phone’s internal memory through the Digital Camera Images folder or DCIM.
To find your saved images through the Facebook app, do the following:
- Open File Manager on your Android phone.
- Select Internal Storage and find the DCIM folder.
- Tap Facebook. You can now see your saved images from the Facebook App.
Alternatively, you’ll also see this by tapping on the Gallery app on your phone. A separate Facebook folder will be created that contains all images you saved via the Facebook app.
Note: If you enabled the Save photos and videos setting on your Messenger app, it will have a separate folder inside the DCIM. There, you can view all saved media from your chats and conversations.
Where to Find Saved Images on Android Phone
Similar to the method earlier, all saved images and media will be stored in a common folder called DCIM. For instance, your captured images through your phone’s camera will be saved through the DCIM folder in your phone’s internal storage.
You can also choose to save it to your phone’s external storage or microSD card. Just open the File Manager app and go to External Storage > DCIM > Camera. Captured screenshots also have a separate folder in the DCIM.
Where to Find Saved Items on Google App
To find your saved items through the Google App, follow these steps:
- Open the Google App through your phone’s App Menu.
- Tap on the Main Menu (hamburger icon) on the top-left corner of the screen and select Saved.
- Here, you’ll find all your saved items in the Google app, such as images and places.
Where to Find Saved Passwords on Android Phone
When you have several accounts that are being logged in and out of your Android phone, there’s a huge chance that you might forget one login credential. However, you’ll have an option to save some of your most used passwords through Google Passwords. It can be accessed through the Google Chrome browser.
To find your saved passwords on Android, follow these steps:
- Launch the Google Chrome browser.
- Select More (vertical icon with three dots) and go to Passwords. Here, you’ll see various login credentials for different sites.
- Click the eye icon to see the password. Take note that you might be prompted to enter your Google account’s login credentials before you can see your password for a specific site.
Where to Find Saved Items on Facebook
Introduced in 2014, Facebook has introduced the Saved Items feature. It allows you to view all saved items on Facebook, such as saved posts, links, photos, and videos.
To view your saved items in your Facebook account, follow the steps below:
- Open the Facebook App on your Android phone.
- Select the Main Menu icon and go to Saved. Here, you can choose to see the Most Recent saves and your Collections.
Android phones are capable of saving hundreds of items through their various apps. However, it’s important to know that saved items on each app are saved using a separate folder. It’s a huge difference compared to saving items on your computer, where they can usually be found either in the Downloads or Desktop folder.
Hence, this guide can hopefully help you in finding the most common locations of saved items on your Android phone.