Streaming Paramount+ on PlayStation 5 is an ideal way to watch your favorite Paramount movies and TV episodes. PS5s are powerful devices that can handle streaming better than most computers and smartphones. However, PS5 users have often asked if “can you download Paramount Plus on PS5?”.
This guide will show you how to stream Paramount Plus on PS5 and sign up for a Paramount+ account on your PS5’s web browser. We’ll also go over other Paramount Plus PS5 streaming methods that you can try. Read this guide to know more.
Table of Contents
Is Paramount Plus on PS5?
No. As of this writing, Paramount Plus has yet to release an app that’s compatible with PS5 consoles. The console is included on a few lists of devices that are not supported by Paramount Plus. Its predecessor (PS4), however, is the only model that’s supported by the Paramount Plus app.
But, this doesn’t mean that you cannot stream Paramount+ on your PS5. We’ll go over easy workarounds that you can try to stream Paramount content externally on your PS5.
How to Sign Up for Paramount+ on Your PS5
Before deciding to stream Paramount content on your PS5, you first need to sign up for a Paramount+ account. With a valid account and an active subscription, you’ll be able to access movies and TV episodes from Paramount and CBS.
To sign up for a Paramount+ account on your PS5, follow these steps:
- Open your PS5 and press the PS button on the controller.
- Go to Settings > Users and Accounts > Link with Other Services.
- Select Twitter > Link Account. A browser window will now open.
- On the address bar, type in paramountplus.com and select TRY IT FREE to have access to the 7-day free trial.
- Then, select your desired subscription plan and choose Continue.
- Enter your account details and select Continue.
- Next, input your payment information and choose Start Paramount+.
- You have now successfully created a Paramount+ account.
Once your free trial expires, you’ll be automatically charged for your subscription. An Essential (with limited ads) subscription plan costs $4.99/month or $49.99/year and a Premium (ad-free) subscription costs $9.99/month or $99.99/year.
How to Watch Paramount Plus on PS5 Externally
As mentioned earlier, the Paramount+ app is yet to be released for PS5 consoles. However, you can still try other streaming methods such as screen mirroring and remote play via the PS Remote Play app.
Remember to connect your smartphone and PS5 on the same wireless network on all methods for it to work effectively. Also, follow each method individually and see which works well for your PS5.
Stream Paramount+ on PS5 Using a Smartphone or Tablet via Screen Mirroring
If you have a smartphone that you’re using for watching other streaming services, chances are you can also use it to stream Paramount+. If you already have a Paramount+ account with an active subscription, follow the rest of the steps below:
- Download the Paramount+ app on your phone. It’s available on both the Google Play Store and the App Store.
- Also, download the Screen Mirroring App on your phone by clicking this link.
- Then, launch Paramount+ and log in to your account.
- Next, turn on your PS5 and ensure that it’s connected to the same WiFi as your phone.
- Press the PS button on the controller and select Game Base.
- Choose one of your friends and select Messages > Send a Quick Message.
- Send the following screen mirroring link: https://tvee.app.
- Next, open the link on your PS5.
- Launch the Screen Mirroring App on your phone and scan the QR code on the screen.
- Select Start Broadcast. Content from your phone will now be mirrored to your PS5.
- Open the Paramount+ app on your phone and start streaming your desired movies to your PS5.
You can use a similar method to watch Discovery+ on a PS5.
Cast Paramount+ on PS5 Using a Smartphone or Tablet via PS Remote Play
One of the most reliable ways to cast content from your phone to your PS5 is by using the PS Remote Play app. It’s free and only requires you to have an active PlayStation Network account.
To cast Paramount+ on PS5 using a smartphone or tablet via the PS Remote Play app, proceed to these steps:
- Download the PS Remote Play app on your smartphone or tablet. It’s available for free on both the Google Play Store and the App Store.
- Turn on your PS5 and ensure that it’s connected to the same WiFi as your smartphone.
- Next, go to Settings > System and choose Remote Play.
- Toggle Enable Remote Play to On.
- Next, go back to System and choose Power Saving.
- Select Features Available in Rest Mode and enable the Stay Connected to the Internet option.
- Launch the PS Remote Play app on your phone and log in to your PSN account. Your phone’s screen will now act as the main display of your PS5.
- Launch the Paramount+ app and stream your favorite content.
If you also have an older playstation at home, we have a guide on how to watch Paramount Plus on PS4.
Streaming Paramount+ with your PS5 console is a great choice since it’s an excellent streaming device. However, the Paramount+ app is still not available for PS5. Hopefully, this guide helps you to stream Paramount+ on your PS5 with easy-to-do methods.