If you’re fond of watching Paramount movies and TV shows on your TV, you can also do it on your PlayStation 4. It’s one of the best over-the-top (OTT) streaming services since it gives you access to all of Paramount’s content library, including The Godfather Series, Transformers, Top Gun, and much more.
Also, it gives you access to CBS programs, such as the 24/7 live news, TV shows, and sporting events. In this guide, we’ll show you how to watch Paramount Plus on your PS4. Read this guide to learn more.
Table of Contents
Paramount+ Subscription Plans
There are two main Paramount+ plans that you can subscribe to:
This plan gives you access to thousands of movies, TV shows, and 24/7 live news via CBS Network. It also includes access to sporting events such as the UEFA Champions League and NFL on CBS with limited ad content. The essential plan costs $4.99/month or $49.99/year.
The premium plan lets you watch similar content from the Essential plan but gives you more access to live sports with fewer advertisements. You’ll also get to watch content from your local CBS station and download your favorite shows so you can watch them offline. This plan costs $9.99/month or $99.99/year.
How to Watch Paramount+ on PS4
Installing the Paramount+ App on PS4
To watch Paramount+ on your PS4, you’ll need to download the Paramount+ app from the PlayStation Store. It’s free and easy to download once you have access to a stable WiFi network.
To download the Paramount+ app on PS4, follow these steps:
- Turn on your PS4 console and ensure that it’s connected to a stable wireless connection.
- Go to the Home screen and launch the PlayStation Store.
- Search for the Paramount+ app and select it.
- Choose Download and wait for the app to be installed.
- Then, open the Paramount+ app and log in with your account.
- You can now stream your favorite Paramount and CBS movies and TV shows from the Paramount+ app.
Creating a Paramount+ Account
Before you can watch Paramount content on your PS4, you’ll need to create a Paramount+ account with an active subscription. You can create a Paramount+ account from either your PS4 via the Paramount+ app or a web browser. To do this, follow the steps below:
On a Web Browser
- Go to paramountplus.com and choose Try it Free to avail the 7-day free trial.
- Select your desired subscription plan and enter your account details.
- Then, input your payment information and select Start Paramount+.
- Open your PS4 and launch the Paramount+ app.
- Log in using your account. You can now start streaming content from Paramount+ on your PS4.
- Launch the Paramount+ app and choose Sign Up. You’ll see an access code on the screen.
- Using your computer or phone’s browser, go to paramountplus.com/ps4 and enter the access code.
- Select your desired subscription plan and choose Continue.
- Enter your Paramount+ account details and choose Start Paramount+.
- After your screen refreshes, you can now start streaming content from the Paramount+ app.
Once you have an active Paramount+ account, you can use it on up to three devices simultaneously. So, besides your PS4, you can use it to stream on other devices such as your phone, computer, or tablet, given that it’s supported by the Paramount+ app.
Stream Paramount+ on Your PS4 Using Your Phone via Screen Mirroring
If you’re having trouble streaming Paramount+ directly to your PS4, you can try streaming the app on your phone and sharing its content via Screen Mirroring. Note: This is a similar method used to watch Discovery+ on a PS4.
To do this on Android smartphones, proceed to the steps below:
- Turn on your smartphone and launch the Paramount+ app.
- Next, switch on your PS4 and ensure that it’s connected to the same WiFi network as your phone.
- Log in to your account and choose your desired movie or TV show.
- Tap the Cast icon on the top-right portion of the screen and select your PS4 from the list of devices.
- You can now watch Paramount+ content from your phone via Screen Mirroring.
You can also do this on iOS devices via AirPlay. Follow these steps below:
- Open your iPhone and navigate to the Paramount+ app.
- Turn on your PS4 and connect it to the same wireless network as your phone.
- Log in to your account and select your desired movie.
- Tap the AirPlay icon on the top-right part of the screen and choose your PS4.
- Content from the Paramount+ app on your phone will now be cast to your PS4.
If you upgrade your PS4, check out our guide on how to get Paramount Plus on your PS5.
Besides gaming, you can also use your PS4 as a streaming device. Among the most popular streaming services that are used on various consoles is Paramount+. It features content libraries from Paramount and CBS, including access to live sports events and news from CBS Network.
Hopefully, this guide helps you with how to watch Paramount Plus on PlayStation 4 via the Paramount+ app.