Instagram is a mainstream platform where users can share photos and videos with their friends and followers. It also gives users the ability to follow and interact with other Instagram users by liking or commenting on their posts. Today, users are now given another way to take note of a post they like—by using the save feature.
If you’re a long-time Instagram user, you might have wondered “who saved my Instagram post?”, especially when you now have a decent following. In this guide, we’ll show you how you can see who saved your Instagram posts through some effective workarounds.
Read on to know more.
Table of Contents
Can You See Who Saved Your Instagram Post?
The quick answer to this question is: No. There’s no direct way to see who saves your post specifically due to privacy reasons. Besides knowing who liked your post, you cannot see who saved and shared your Instagram posts.
However, here are some workarounds that will give you an idea of how many users saved your post. One is by posting a story about the specific post and asking your followers, and by changing your personal account to a Business account.
There are similar questions related to Facebook (which owns Insta) such as Can you screenshot Facebook stories?
Method #1: Directly Ask Your Followers If They Saved Your Instagram Post
If you’ve used Instagram for a long time now and have gained followers, you can try to interact with them through an Instagram Story. This way, your followers can answer if they have saved a particular post through a poll. To do this method, follow these steps:
- Log into your Instagram account and navigate to the post that you want to make a poll about.
- Take a screenshot of this post. Then, go to your Home feed and tap the Stories icon (camera logo) on the top-left corner of the screen.
- Select the screenshot you made earlier to add it to your Story.
- Add a text and type in the message: “Who saved this post?”, or something similar.
- After applying all edits, choose Done. Then, select Your Stories to see the interactions done by your followers. They can send a reply to you via Direct Message.
You can also check if followers of other Instagram accounts are seeing posts and this works with Facebook as well. With Snapchat it is a bit harder, but we have come up with a method of how to see someone’s friends on Snapchat.
Method #2: Change Your Account to a Business Account
Another way to see how many users have saved your Instagram post is by changing your current account to a Business account. Compared to a regular account, a Business or Creator account can be seen by anyone, which increases your account’s reach.
To switch your Instagram account to a Business account, proceed to these steps:
- Log into your Instagram account and select Settings.
- Click Account and choose Switch to Business Account.
- Set up your Business account by entering the necessary details.
Once done, here’s how you can see the number of times has your Instagram post been saved, along with other statistics:
- Click Profile to have a preview of your posts.
- Select the post that you want to see the save count in.
- Then, choose View Insights. Various stats about the post will appear. Look for the Bookmark icon as this contains how many times this post has been saved to their Collections.
Having an idea who saved your Instagram post is a handy feature, however, you can’t see this directly due to privacy reasons. Alternatively, you can see the number of times your post has been saved, along with other metrics when you switch to a Business or Creator account. This feature is most useful to have an idea of what posts create significant interactions.
Hopefully, this guide can help you in finding alternative ways to see who saved your Instagram posts. Take note that there’s no available app yet for this specific purpose—so if you see one, it’s probably a scam that’s looking forward to exploiting your Instagram account.