Snapchat is a mainstream instant messaging app that you can use to communicate and share media with other users. The app is famous for its message and media sharing feature that allows you to make it available for a short amount of time before they disappear to your recipients.
Recently, Snapchat has also added the Snapstreak feature, where users are committed to sending someone at least one Snap (photo or video) within 24 hours daily. However, some users reportedly had their Snapstreak lost and are wondering how to restore Snap streak. In this guide, we’ll show you ways to recover your Snapstreak once they’re lost for no reason.
Read this guide to learn more.
How Does a Snapstreak Work in Snapchat?
Before going straight to Snap Streak recovery methods, we’ll get to the basics first. Snapchat implements Snapstreaks to help grow your friendship and engagement with another user. Keeping a Streak alive is a team effort and can be an unspoken agreement once you’re already comfortable with each other.
After exchanging Snaps with a friend every 24 hours for three consecutive days, you’ll get your first Snapstreak. It will be represented by a Fire emoji on your friend’s name, along with the number of days the Streak has lasted. Here are some tips to keep a Streak alive:
- Send a Snap to your friend at least one time every day. Photos, videos, and messages from your Memories will not be counted. They can be video-only and there is a method to turn off camera audio in Snapchat.
- Receive and open a Snap from your friend at least once in that same 24-hour range.
- Receive and send Snaps from the same user or individual—contents from group messages will not count.
If you are posting great content, then you should have no trouble keeping up a streak, and you’ll be aiming for those 5k snapchat subscribers!
Assuming that you’ve followed the rules above and still managed to lose your Snapstreak, there are a few Snap Streak recovery methods that you can try.
How to Get Your Snapstreak Back in Snapchat
Losing your Snapstreak with someone on Snapchat is an annoying situation to be in. However, as long as you’ve followed the rules on keeping a Streak alive and was only lost due to an error, bug, Snapchat wouldn’t open etc, follow the steps below:
Important: If you lost your Snapstreak immediately after an app update, take a screenshot of it as evidence.
- Turn on your smartphone and launch Snapchat.
- Log in to your account and go to Settings.
- Tap I Need Help under the Support section.
- Select the Search bar and choose Snapstreaks.
- Tap the let us know link under the What if my Snapstreak has gone away but I don’t know…? question.
- You will now be redirected to the Contact Us page. Select My Snapstreaks disappeared below What can we help you with? and fill up the form; include as much information as possible.
- Complete the Captcha and tap Send to submit your complaint.
If the Hourglass emoji was displayed before your Snapstreak ended, there’s a slight chance that Snapchat can help get your Streak back. But, you can still reaffirm your case to recover it by filling up the What information should we know? section of the form.
Another way of accessing the Support form is through Snapchat Support. To do this, proceed to these steps:
- Open your computer or phone’s browser and visit Snapchat Support.
- Choose Contact Us and select My Snapstreaks disappeared in the What can we help you with? section.
- Fill up the Support form with complete and detailed information.
- Finish the Captcha and select Send.
If you have a more serious Snapchat problem, we also have a guide on how to get unbanned from Snapchat (hopefully you’ll never need it!).
Snapstreaks are a great way to maintain relationships with your friends and other users on Snapchat. By following a few simple rules, you should be able to keep your Streak as long as you want. However, it’s possible to lose your Streak on the app for unknown reasons.
Hence, this guide hopefully gives you an idea of how Snapstreaks work and how to get your Snapstreak back using the recovery methods above.