TikTok is a popular social media platform that hosts various short-form videos, like trending dances, jokes, tricks, informational content, and other forms of entertainment. It has 750 million monthly users globally this 2022 and is the third-largest of the Big Five social media platforms—Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Snapchat, and Twitter.
TikTok allows you to record your own videos, or even cohost with other creators (see How To Join Someone’s Live On TikTok to find out how to do this). With your followers continuously growing, you might sometimes wonder how to see who shared your TikTok videos. This guide will show you a free and easy trick to know who shared your TikTok video via the TikTok app on your phone.
Steps to See Who Shared Your TikTok Videos
Unfortunately, TikTok does not yet have a feature where you can see who specifically shared your TikTok videos. But you can transition from a Personal Account to a Pro Account to see your profile’s number of shares, likes, and other types of analytics. It’s a great way to see which of your videos garner the most engagement and help you strategize in growing your audience.
To switch your Personal TikTok account to a Pro account, follow these steps:
- Turn on your smartphone and launch TikTok.
- Tap the Profile icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Select the hamburger menu in the top-right corner of your Profile page.
- Go to Manage My Account > Switch to Pro Account and select Continue.
- Here, you can select your desired account type. You can choose between a Creator and a Business account.
- After choosing your desired account type, tap the hamburger menu on your Profile page and select Creator tools.
- Choose Analytics. Under the Overview tab, you will see your profile’s total shares and other engagement statistics.
Note: To sort your engagement data to a specific date range, tap the date range button on the top-right portion of the screen. You can opt to see your engagements for the last seven days, 28 days, and 60 days. There’s also a custom option to set your desired date range.
Among the metrics you can use to determine your TikTok profile’s growth is the number of shares. Currently, you cannot see who specifically shared your TikTok videos. However, you can switch to a Pro account to view your profile’s engagement statistics.
Hopefully, this guide helps you see who shared your TikTok videos and how to see your total shares for free via the Analytics tool.