TikTok is a short-form video hosting service owned by ByteDance. It features short videos with various genres, like cooking, pranks, dances, jokes, etc. The TikTok app was released in 2017 for iOS and Android devices.
However, some Roku TV users are wondering how to watch TikTok on Roku TV. This guide will show you how to get TikTok on Roku and other streaming methods such as cast TikTok to Roku.
Read this guide to know more.
Table of Contents
Can You Get TikTok on Roku?
No. The only way to watch TikTok content on various devices is through the TikTok app or its web version. As of this writing, its app only supports devices with the Android and iOS operating systems.
However, this doesn’t mean that you cannot totally watch TikTok on your Roku. You can use TikTok on a Roku web browser or you can still try streaming from an external device, such as a phone or tablet.
How to Enable Screen Mirroring on Roku TV
Since the TikTok app is not available on Roku, you can try accessing it from another device—like a phone or computer—and cast it to your Roku device via screen mirroring. However, you’ll first need to make sure that your Roku device’s OS is updated to the latest version.
To update your Roku’s OS, follow the steps below:
- Turn on your Roku and press the Home button on the remote.
- Go to Settings > System and choose System Update.
- Select Check Now. Once the latest update is downloaded, select it and install it to your Roku device.
Once it’s updated, you can now proceed to enable screen mirroring on your Roku device. To do this, follow these steps:
- Press the Home button on the remote and select Settings.
- Choose System > Screen mirroring and set it to Always Allow.
You can use screen mirroring for other apps that are not supported by Roku – in fact this is the same method we recommend to watch the Soap2Day App on Roku.
How to Watch TikTok on Roku Using Other Devices via Screen Mirroring
After updating the OS of your Roku and enabling screen mirroring, you can now use it to stream TikTok using your phone or computer. When doing the methods below, always make sure that both your Roku device and computer or smartphone are connected to the same WiFi network to avoid pairing issues.
Depending on your device, carefully follow the steps below:
- Turn on your Roku device and connect it to the same wireless network as your Android phone.
- Ensure that you have the TikTok app installed on your phone. It’s available on the Google Play Store for free.
- Then, launch the app and create an account.
- Swipe down from the top of your phone screen to open the notifications panel.
- Select the Cast icon and choose your Roku device. Your phone’s screen will now be displayed on Roku.
- Browse through various short-form videos on the TikTok app.
- Switch on your Roku device and press the Home button on the remote.
- Ensure that it’s connected to the same WiFi network as your iPhone.
- Navigate to Settings > Apple AirPlay and Homekit and set AirPlay to On.
- Set the Require Code option to First Time Only.
- Then, on your phone, ensure that the TikTok app is already installed. You can download it for free via the App Store.
- Open the app and create your personal account.
- Then, open the Control Center of your iPhone by swiping up from the bottom.
- Select Screen Mirroring and choose your Roku device from the list. A pairing code will now appear on your Roku’s display.
- Enter it on your iPhone. Your phone’s screen will now be shared with your Roku.
- Browse the TikTok app for your desired content.
Your Computer (Windows 10 and Later)
- Turn on your computer and connect it to the same WiFi network as your Roku device.
- Press Win + K on your keyboard to open the CONNECT feature. Your computer will now begin to search for nearby wireless displays.
- Switch on your Roku device and select it from the list of devices on your computer. Your computer screen will now be shown on your Roku’s display.
- Launch Chrome and visit TikTok’s official website.
- Login to your account and browse your desired videos or content creators.
We also have a complete guide on how to activate Tiktok QR code and watch on a smart TV.
Once you have TikTok working, you can also get the Facebook App on Roku.
TikTok is one of the few video streaming apps that are not yet supported by Roku devices. The platform provides short-duration videos with various genres and is considered to be the trend today compared to long-form videos. Hopefully, this guide helps you to watch TikTok on Roku via screen mirroring.