Over a billion people are on Tiktok for entertainment, learning, connecting with a community, or just for the laughs. You can watch just about anything on the viral entertainment platform: movie trailers, sports recaps, adorable animals, and so much more.
So why not take your small screen viewing to your TV screen? Experience the joy of Tiktok bigger and better at home.
It’s easy and quick enough to set up. Here’s how to go about it.
Table of Contents
How to watch Tiktok on TV
There are a couple of ways to take Tiktoking to your TV. You can either download the Tiktok TV app or mirror your device’s screen to your TV.
Tiktok TV is an app now available on the Google Play Store. It works just like TikTok on your phone—there’s the For You page, Following page, and Discover page. You can even Join Someone’s Live On TikTok. The feeds will appear on your screen as vertical videos though, so they won’t take up the full aspect ratio of your TV screen.
Here’s a caveat: the Tiktok TV app isn’t available on iOS. Nor is it available everywhere. Tiktok TV is currently only available on Android and in Europe and North America.
No Tiktok TV? No problem.
You can also mirror your device’s screen onto your TV and then use the app as you would on your tablet, phone, or computer.
Note: If you are watching TikTok on your TV because it is not working on your phone, please read our guide which explains Why Does My TikTok Keep Resetting? and has several fixes.
If this sounds like a bit of a pain, have you heard about Poparazzi? Its the new hotness, and we have an article about how to get verified on Poparazzi so you can get started immediately. If you absolutely must have TikTok, read on
How to set up Tiktok TV on your smart TV
There are a few ways to do this. You can install the Tiktok TV app if you have a supported device. The Tiktok TV app can run straight on certain Samsung, LG, and Android TV models as well as Amazon Fire TV and Chromecast with Google TV.
Head to the App menu of your smart TV. Search for and install the Tiktok app on your TV.
On an Android TV? You can also use your computer or device to directly download Tiktok for Android TV via the Google Play Store.
Select Open or Launch once Tiktok is done downloading on your TV.
Then Log In to your Tiktok account. You can head straight to the platform without an account, just hit Watch Now.
How to sign into Tiktok on your TV via link or QR code
Another easy method to start watching things on your Tiktok feed on your TV is to go directly to this URL: tv.tiktok.com/activate. You can do this via your phone, tablet, or computer.
- Go to tv.tiktok/activate
- You can create a new account or proceed with an existing one. If you have an account, hit Log in with existing account.
- There are several options for you to log into your Tiktok account. Selecting Use QR code is simple, easy, and quick. You don’t need to go through third-party log ins via other sites like Facebook or Twitter.
- Your screen will flash a QR code which you need to scan with your mobile device.
- Open Tiktok on your mobile device. Follow the instructions on screen:
- Head to your profile and tap the Find Friends button on the upper left.
- Tap the Scan button on the upper right. Scan the QR code to log in.
- Tap the Confirm button to log into the new device.
- As a final activation step, your smart TV will flash a code that will enable you to watch Tiktok on your TV.
- Enter that activation code. Now you’re logged in and can enjoy your For You page from your TV!
Note: You are not able to post content to your TikTok account from your TV. If you would like to delete a TikTok story then you need to be on your phone.
How to Chromecast Tiktok to TV
Sadly, Tiktok doesn’t support casting. But you can definitely share your device’s screen on a Chromecast TV so long as all devices are connected to the same internet network.
If you haven’t yet, download TikTok from the Play Store.
If you’re using an Android device…
- Open up Settings on your handheld device (e.g. phone or tablet). Head to Bluetooth & device connection.
- Select the Cast option on your screen. The name may vary depending on your device model. Enable your wireless display so you can see the device you’ll connect to.
- You should see your Chromecast device on the list. Select that option. If you can’t see it, double-check that your Chromecast device is connected to the same WiFi as your phone or tablet.
- Enable permissions so your Android device can mirror on the screen.
Now you’re good to go! Open up the Tiktok app and watch your fave content creators on the bigger screen.
If you’re using iOS (iPhone or iPad)…
- Make sure your Apple device and Chromecast are connected to the same network.
- Download and install Chromecast Streamer from the App store. If you haven’t yet, download the Tiktok app as well.
- Launch the Chromecast Streamer app. Set up and connect to your Chromecast device. Hit Connect.
- Your screen will now give you options on what to do next. Select the Screen Mirror (Mirror screen to TV) button.
- Next, you can adjust settings like sound, resolution, and screen mode. You could also go ahead and just start with the Tap to start mirroring button. Then hit Start Broadcast.
- Finally, launch the Tiktok app. The video should show on your TV screen.
Now that you are set up, start watching and creating TikToks! To keep track, check out our article on How to See Who Shared Your TikTok.
Good news for Tiktok addicts, you can now watch Tiktok on a smart TV! If your TV has the Tiktok TV app available, it’s easy to watch and stream Tiktok content directly. If not, you can also watch on another device but share that screen with your TV.
We hope this guide was helpful for you to watch Tiktok on your TV. Happy watching!