Peloton is an all-in-one workout app where you can find and stream all your favorite workouts such as running, cycling, yoga, and more. Also, you can buy fitness equipment directly from Peloton that you can use during your workouts. Usually, Peloton is available on most smart TVs, except for a few.
Samsung TV users reportedly didn’t find the Peloton app in their pre-installed apps and other app locations. This is because Samsung’s OS naturally does not support the Peloton app. In this guide, we’ll show you how you can get the Peloton app on your Samsung smart TV.
Read on to learn more.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why is the Peloton App Not Supported on Samsung TV
- 2 Getting the Peloton App on Your Samsung TV
- 3 Final Thoughts
Why is the Peloton App Not Supported on Samsung TV
The Samsung Smart TV uses Tizen OS as its main operating system. Although it supports many apps on its menu system, Samsung Smart Hub, it also has a hefty list of unsupported apps, including the Peloton app.
Unlike major streaming platforms or devices, the Samsung TV runs on an exclusive OS. Other smart TV brands like Android, Apple, and Amazon Fire TVs all have an array of supported applications that are ready to be downloaded.
However, that doesn’t mean that you can’t use the Peloton App on your Samsung smart TV. There are always various workarounds for issues like these, you’ll just have to follow which one is the most effective for you.
You can use similar methods to get Crunchyroll on Samsung Smart TV, as it is an unsupported app as well.
Getting the Peloton App on Your Samsung TV
Now that you know why the Peloton app is missing from your Samsung TV’s list of apps, you can now go straight to the fixes to this problem. Also, remember to go over these fixes individually and see which one works best.
Fix #1: Use an Over-the-top (OTT) Device
Devices that support various streaming content over the internet are called Over-The-Top or OTT. Best examples of OTT devices are Chromecast, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku Stick, and Apple TV. These devices mostly support premium streaming content.
To use an OTT device, just connect both the Samsung TV and the OTT device using an HDMI cable connection. Once it’s set up, you can now use it to stream various content that’s missing on your Samsung TV, like Peloton.
Although the Samsung TV has its streaming apps in Samsung Smart Hub, it’s still worth it to buy an OTT device for unsupported content. You can choose your OTT device depending on your location and your budget; however, you can expect them to be cheaper compared to if you’ll buy a new smart TV.
Fix #2: Connect Another Device to Your Samsung TV
If you have a spare device such as a laptop, phone, tablet, and others, you can use them to stream content directly to your Samsung Smart TV. However, you’ll need to check if your device supports HDMI and has a working HDMI port. For instance, smartphones don’t come naturally with an HDMI port.
What you can do is buy an HDMI adapter that’s compatible with your smartphone. HDMI adapters are also available in various ports depending on your device.
To connect your device to your Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- Plug the ends of the HDMI cord on both your smart TV and your device. If necessary, use an HDMI adapter.
- Turn on your Samsung TV and switch its input to HDMI. To do this, press the SOURCE button on the remote and navigate to HDMI—it will now display content from your device.
- Log into your Peloton account and stream your favorite workout.
Fix #3: Cast a Peloton Device to Your Samsung TV
If you have a Peloton Tread, Bike, or Bike+, you can cast content directly to your Samsung TV. This is a more optimal option once you actively use your Peloton equipment.
Important: Ensure that the Enable wireless display option is enabled on your Samsung TV. To check, go to Settings > Advanced Settings. Tap the More Options button (at the top-right corner) and see if the “Enable wireless display” option is checked.
To cast Peloton to Samsung TV, proceed to these steps:
- Turn on your Samsung smart TV and go to the Home screen.
- Next, open the Peloton screen and go to Settings > Cast Screen.
- From the list of nearby devices, select your Samsung TV and choose Connect.
- If it does not appear still, select the Refresh button at the top-right corner of the window, this will force the Peloton device to search again for nearby devices.
- Once both devices are connected, you can now cast content to both your Peloton device and Samsung smart TV.
Fix #4: Cast from an iOS Device to Your Samsung TV
Apple devices such as iPhones and iPads can easily support Peloton. They can also cast content via AirPlay, which also makes them a practical choice to cast Peloton content. Once both your iOS device and Samsung TV are connected to the same wireless network, it’s an easy process to cast by AirPlay.
To cast from an iOS device to your Samsung TV, follow these steps:
- Turn on your Samsung TV and go to the Home menu.
- Open your iOS device and launch the Peloton app.
- Login to your Peloton account and go to a live fitness class.
- Tap on the Cast button and select Cast via AirPlay.
- On the list of devices, tap your Samsung TV.
- Once both devices are connected, the content will now be cast to your Samsung TV.
Fix #5: Cast From an Android Device to Your Samsung TV
If you have an Android device, you can also easily cast content to your Samsung TV. After connecting both devices on the same wireless network, you can follow the process that’s similar to the earlier fix (iOS devices).
To cast content from an Android device to your Samsung TV, follow the steps below:
- Open your Samsung TV and navigate to the Home menu.
- Next, log in to your Peloton account using your Android device.
- Choose a fitness class that you want regardless if it’s live or not.
- After taking a class, tap the Cast icon on the screen and select your Samsung TV from the list of devices.
- You can now cast your fitness class to your Samsung TV.
These methods should enable you to watch the Peloton app on your TV without any problems. If your TV is behaving oddly, we have a guide which explains how to stop your Samsung TV turning On and Off randomly.
Due to improving technologies, users are now able to watch and follow live fitness content in the comfort of their homes. Among the apps that offer these types of services is Peloton. However, not all smart TVs support the Peloton app due to OS issues.
Hence, this guide can hopefully help you in getting the Peloton app or its services to your Samsung TV. So, before thinking about buying a new smart TV that supports Peloton, try these fixes first.