Xfinity is an American telecommunications company that offers packages that involve cable TV, phone, and internet services. In most cases, subscribers have emphasized internet access as one of the most important things to have today. Most internet service providers (ISPs) offer a wireless internet connection.
Some users however reported Xfinity WiFi issues, where their device is connected but there’s no internet access. In this guide, we’ll go over some reasons why Xfinity users experience no internet connection and how to fix it.
Read along to learn more.
Table of Contents
- 1 Why is My Xfinity WiFi Not Working?
- 2 How to Fix Xfinity WiFi No Internet Access
- 3 Final Thoughts
Why is My Xfinity WiFi Not Working?
Having internet access is possible when your ISP lets your router acquire a stable connection. Without this, it will only appear that you’re connected to the router but not exactly connected to the internet. However, some factors are in your control; here are some reasons why your Xfinity WiFi has no internet connection:
- Outdated Xfinity My Account – Xfinity sometimes can end internet access on your account once it has not been updated for a while. Try updating your account and login details and see if this solves the issue.
- Network Outages – If your Xfinity WiFi worked well these past few weeks and this error just popped up, there’s a chance that you’re experiencing a network outage in your area. To verify, visit the Xfinity Status Center.
Also, the same can happen when you’ve recently experienced a local power outage since networks can take a while before their internet services are back up and running.
- Network Glitches – Internet connection and speed problems can sometimes be associated with glitches. However, these issues are only temporary and can be fixed by restarting your router. You can also perform a restart on your Xfinity Gateway by accessing this link.
If you suspect that your internet connection is fine, and the issue is between your Xfinity device and the router, please read what to do if your Xfinity wifi keeps disconnecting (but internet access is ok).
How to Fix Xfinity WiFi No Internet Access
Now that you know all the reasons for this Xfinity WiFi issue, you can now attempt to solve this problem by following some easy fixes. But first, make sure that all cable connections are properly plugged in. Network and power cables for your router can loosen up over time, hence, leading to no internet access.
Most likely, your Xfinity modem is blinking green which indicates that the internet connection is not working.
If you notice any hardware damage on the cables and the router, you can contact Xfinity Customer Support to order new equipment.
If the router and cable connections are in good condition and are properly set up, you can proceed to these fixes below. Make sure to go over each one to see which works best.
Fix #1: Restart your Router
Restarting your router will solve most minor connectivity issues. Also, faulty network configurations will be reset to default, including the DNS and other related settings. To restart your router, follow these steps:
- Open the Xfinity app on your phone. If you don’t have it yet, you can download it through your phone’s dedicated app store.
- Select Internet and choose your modem or router.
- Next, tap Restart This Device. Wait for the router to fully restart.
- Then, connect your device and see if it is connected to the internet.
If you’re experiencing the same WiFi issue, you can proceed to power cycle the router. To do this, follow the steps below:
- Turn off the Xfinity router and unplug its power adapter from the socket.
- Wait for two minutes to let the router re-initialize its components.
- After enough time has elapsed, plug the power cord back in and turn on the router.
- Connect your device and see if the Xfinity WiFi issue is solved.
If you have a steady green light, then your internet connection should be working. If your Xfinity modem is blinking orange then you still have a problem. You can also try resetting your Xfinity cable box.
Fix #2: Check if Other Devices Have Internet Access
If you have two or more devices that are connected to your Xfinity router, you can check them individually and see if they are also experiencing the same WiFi issue. When you’re only experiencing it on your smartphone, you can try restarting it and see if the issue is solved.
If your computer is experiencing the same problem, you can try toggling its WiFi feature; disconnect it first then click Connect and see if it now has an internet connection. On Mac, press the WiFi icon on the taskbar and click on your WiFi connection to disconnect. Click on it once again to connect.
Fix #3: Troubleshoot the Router via the Xfinity App
If you’re using an Xfinity internet service, chances are you’re also using the Xfinity app. Besides providing access to your account information, you can use it to troubleshoot your Xfinity devices.
To troubleshoot your Xfinity router via the Xfinity app, proceed to these steps:
- Launch the Xfinity app on your phone and choose the Internet option.
- Select your router and tap Troubleshoot.
- Choose Start Troubleshooting. The app will now check for faults in the network settings and test its performance.
- After the scan is complete, the app will now prompt you to restart your Xfinity modem. Select Restart This Device.
- Once the restart is finished, check if your device now has an internet connection.
You can also unpair your Xfinity remote and then re-pair it.
Fix #4: Run the Network Troubleshooter (Windows)
If you’re using a Windows device, you can try running the Network Troubleshooter; it’s one of the free troubleshooting tools that solve the most common network problems. To run the Network Troubleshooter on Windows 10, follow these steps:
- Open your computer and select the Start Menu and go to Settings > Network & Internet.
- Choose Status. Under Change your network settings, click the Network Troubleshooter.
- Run the troubleshooter and follow the on-screen steps.
- Check if the WiFi issue is solved.
Fix #5: Contact Xfinity Customer Support
If these fixes didn’t work, it’s best to directly contact Xfinity Customer Support to see if there are account-related issues. Delayed payments that are associated with your account can be the cause of the Xfinity no internet issue. To verify this, you can contact them and solve unpaid settlements.
An internet connection is a critical feature of your Xfinity account plan. But sometimes, you can experience the Xfinity WiFi issue when you can connect to the router but it doesn’t provide any internet access. Hence, these fixes can hopefully guide you to solve this connectivity problem.